Advocacy and Campaigns
KVM has successfully led Anti GM campaign popularly known as “ I am no Lab Rat” in Punjab and Chandigarh strictly criticizing the Monsanto’s possession on our food chain and also its efforts to use us as guinea pigs with his plan to introduce Bt. Brinjal in India. The success of the campaign in Punjab and across the Nation can be seen from the fact that Jairam Ramesh, the then Environment and Forests Minister had declared moratorium on the introduction of bt. brinjal.
- Campaign against Globalization 2005
- Campaign for elimination of pesticides and environmental health – 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
- Jal Yatra and Water literacy campaign on issue of water in Faridkot, Muktsar, Bathinda, Mansa and Sangrur districts. Eminent water warrior Rajinder Singh led this Yatra.
- Campaign for GM Free India 2005 , 2006 , 2007, 2008, 2009
- Campaign for Pesticide-Free Kitchen and Kitchen Gardens among women 2009, 2010
- Campaign against Bt Brinjal 2008, 2009 , 2010
- Campaign against Crop Residue Burning 2008, 2009-10 onwards.
- Living Soil Campaign : A campaign for subsidizing ecological fertilizers in collaboration with Greenpeace 2010
KVM has prepared a Green Agenda to bring the issue of environmental crisis and sustainable agriculture and development in public domain. This agenda is document or a suggestive out-line for building a partnership between government and people for crisis mitigation.
- Field study on Ecology, Health and Economic status of farmers
- Survey on farmers’ suicides
- Survey on Cancer in Jajjal
- Field study on Reproductive Health in Jajjal, Chaina, Dabrikhana, Jida and Bhotna
- Field study on impact of Bt Cotton on soil health
- Field study on impact of pesticide spray on school
- Field study on water crisis in Faridkot, Muktsar, Bathinda and Mansa district.
- Field investigation on impact of mealy bug infestation on Bt cotton.
- Epidemiological study on reproductive health in Malerkotla.
- Field investigation on impact of Bt cotton on animal health in Muktsar and Faridkot districts.
- Field investigation of RR Bt Cotton by MNCs in Bathinda
- Field investigation on Health and Water Crisis in Teja Roleha , Dona Nanka villages of Fazilka
- Field study of Water Crisis and Water Contamination alongwith Ghahhar river in Patiala and Sangrur districts
- Collaborative study with Greenpeace India on impact of Chemical fertilizers in contamination of drinking water
- Collaborative study with Greenpeace on Chemical fertilizers and destruction of Soil, Ecology and Health and its economic implications
In the future KVM wants to do research on issues related to natural farming and environmental issues.
KVM is working together with Farmer organisations, Academics, Media, Medical Professionals, and Environmentalists.